Following initial discussion with a small number of researchers it is proposed to develop an extended research community to which any interested researchers across the GW4 are invited.
The purpose of the group is to bring researchers together to:
- Share areas of research and examples of current use of environmental sensors.
- Share knowledge of sensor development.
- Explore future collaboration areas and investigate how new innovations can be resourced.
The initial focus was proposed as:
- Development of sensors across all areas of our water research.
- Deployment of sensor in the field particularly in hard to reach locations.
- Data transmission from sensors.
All the above will contribute to ensuring that data collection can be done more safely, efficiently, cost-effectively and less-intrusively.
research community members
This is a new group and will be holding its inaugural, online meeting on 28th May 2020. The membership of the group is therefore to be determined and members are sought from across the GW4 universities and stakeholder with an interest in research in this area.
If you wish to participate in the group and attend the first workshop on May 28th please email Andy Schofield at email@example.com.