- *External event* The 1st Wild West Wet Network forum
When: 15th October 2018, 17:00-19:30
Where: Engine Shed, Station Approach, Bristol, BS1 6QH
Keynote presentation by Tony Harrington, Director of Environment at Welsh Water: ‘DCWW Innovation priorities for AMP7’. The seminar will be followed by networking, drinks and a buffet.
- 17:00 Registration and coffee
- 17:30 Chairman’s introduction
- 17:40 Keynote speech by Tony Harrington
- 18:00 Elevator presentations by a number of companies including, WRc, RedT Energy, Help Bristol Homeless.
- 18:40 Chairman’s closing reviews Buffet dinner and Networking
- 19:30 Close
Please contact Zay Abdallah (Arup) at email@example.com for further information.
- ‘Taking waste out of wastewater’ by Mark van Loosdrecht
When: 6th November 2018, 13:15-14:05
Where: 2 East Building, room 3.1, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY
Professor van Loosdrecht, together with Professor Bruce Rittmann, was named the 2018 Stockholm Water Prize Laureate for his pioneering role in the water-related environmental biotechnology revolution currently taking place. Rittmann and van Loosdrecht have both played a leading role by presenting new knowledge around microbiological processes in wastewater, but their contributions are not only academic. Their research has also led to a new generation of water treatment processes that make it possible to remove harmful contaminants from water, cut wastewater treatment costs, reduce energy consumption and even recover chemicals and nutrients for recycling. The Environmental Biotechnology research group around Professor Mark van Loosdrecht at Delft University of Technology in The Netherlands has contributed a number of patented innovations that have turned wastewater treatment on its head. Read more.