The WSA runs a series of community-building events of varying sizes and formats, for GW4 researchers across the four universities. Focusing on current water security topics, the series ultimately empowers the community to work collaboratively to:
- Build large, Alliance-supported grant proposals
- Write and publish scoping reviews to identify gaps in research
- Bring together stakeholders to identify and propose research topics in specific areas
- Identify training opportunities and propose training modules, such as virtual classes or summer schools for staff, students or external candidates
- Identify strong ODA links to further develop as a group
- Identify gaps in services and facilities in view of a pooled request to Universities or research councils.
The WSA also has seedcorn funding available to GW4 researchers who would like to propose workshops on current water security topics, that fit the objectives above.
Please contact GW4water@cf.ac.uk to register interest in running an event.